[Coco] OS-9 loading NEW WAY

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 09:50:20 EDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 April 2015 09:55:06 Aaron Wolfe wrote:

>> projects.  It offers improvement for existing systems too, for
>> instance simplifying the nitros9 boot up while saving precious system
>> ram at the same time.
>
> Can you elaborate on that Aaron?  I could sure use some help with the
> sysram squeeze.

Brett could definitely explain it better than I can, but the general
idea is that there are a few sections of code in a standard OS9 boot
process used only for IPL but not freed afterwards.  By using cocoboot
to place the modules into ram (and possibly other initialization
tasks), this code isn't needed and can be left out.

-Aaron