[Coco] Questions...

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 22 00:26:29 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Al Hartman"
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:08 AM
Subject: [Coco] Questions...

> I’m getting ready to do a couple of things...
>
> 1. Copy the binaries for the Dragon ROMS to a Coco Disk so I can burn them
> with my Coco Burner. This can be a virtual disk for DriveWire. I don’t
> remember how to copy files to a Coco disk from Windows 7. I could set up
> my 486 DOS system, and do it over there, but it’s not convenient to do
> that right now.

I use the Mess Image Tool "wimgtool.exe" to do what you're asking... if I
understand you correctly.

I load or create a .dsk in drivewire, use wimgtool to add or extract files
to the .dsk and then export the disk image.

I normally use it on my old pentium 3 DW server, but I tested wimgtool on my
Windows 7 laptop and it works fine.

I believe it is distributed with MESS, but if not I can toss it on drop box
for you if it sounds like what you're looking for.