[Coco] MC6847 + Component video

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:32:31 EDT 2015

That circuit won’t drive component inputs on a standard television properly.
I tried it on several quite a while back when I first started playing with the 6847.

You can get a good Luma only display from the Y portion of the circuit,
but the color difference signals are completely off as far as level.
They also aren’t terminated correctly.

Someone should work up a circuit for this though, component out would be worth
having.  I’d suggest using op-amps, ac coupling the signal into and out of the amp circuit.

- Ed