[Coco] 128K CoCo2

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 16:52:39 EDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 5:39 AM, Kip Koon wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> > I have a Coco 1 with a Daughter Board plugged into the SAM chip's socket and the
> SAM chip is plugged into the Daughter Board.  The Ram is two sets of 4164 chips piggy
> backed.  I have also upgraded the 6809 to an HD63C09EP chip.  I would really like to be
> able to utilize the extra ram for something.  A Ram disk would be fine with me or for a
> printer buffer.  Any other uses would also be interesting.  This is my default Coco 1

Like FUZIX? :) My dragon-nx32 port of FUZIX uses a memory extension of
32KB banks, so if these daughter boards also use this banking scheme
it will be pretty straight forward to adapt.

> setup I use to test new versions of NitrOS-9 L1 as well as new 16K DOS roms.  I
> wonder when we will see a 6309 version of NitrOS-9 L1?

It is in the repo. Robert and I worked on this some months ago. It
runs fine in emulator but I haven't heard of anyone testing it on real
hardware.

Tormod