[Coco] OS-9 loading NEW WAY - J&R Banker 128/256k

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Tue Apr 21 14:05:25 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Grubbs"

>> > - Do a 6809 Coco2 NOS9 that took advantage of that 128k mod people have
>> > been talking about. (I'd fund creating a board/kit if I had the money)
>>
>> Would probably make more sense to use the extra 64K as a RAM disk in NOS9
>> L1, but yeah, would be cool.
>>
> That is a good idea. When I do this mod to my CoCo2, I might try my hand
> at writing the code necessary to enable this as a ram disk.

I have an original 256k  J&B Banker in a CoCo 1.  One problem with it, and I
assume it is a problem with the 128k version too, is that the OS-9 Boot file
needs to be modified.  The NITROS9 boot simply does not work.  Someone will
need to hack into the OS-9 code, figure out what the modification is and
intigrate it into the NITROS9 boot.  The J&R Banker kit came with a program
that you ran on your backup OS-9 boot disk and changed a couple bytes on the
disk, but I have not figured out what module is affected, nor how.
Bruce W.

---