[Coco] OS(BOOT DISK

camillus blockx camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 11:42:05 EDT 2015

Hi all,

To all that it may concern.

I read A. Hartmans note on the list and that started me thinking.... ( yes that hurts )

Now FWIW I had this Idea, but have no clue if this is possible at all.

Would it be possible to make a BASIC builder for OS9Boot disks. Kind like the setup for ADOS, the user fills in what he/she wants and the software builds the code.

Also how long is a complete standard( read minimum ) bootdisk loader in bytes? I suppose not longer then the lengt of a sector ( is it 512 byte in OS9 or also 256 byte?) Can it be hard coded in ROM and then copied to a disk when a disk is formatted with a command line option like "format /d0, B" ( kind like MSDOS )? The problem would be finding the space in ROM I guess.

This is not that slow and then the user has at least a bootdisk. The program above could then be used as a tool to personalize this disks. ( basically rewrite the bootloader.)

Just my penny's worth of thoughts. Never know someone can bring this alive..lol.

camillus