[Coco] OS-9 loading NEW WAY

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 11:34:10 EDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 8:42 AM, Boisy Pitre <coco at toughmac.com> wrote:

> > On Apr 21, 2015, at 9:33 AM, Brett Gordon <beretta42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> ​ <cut>​
>
> > Maybe the OP might have been refering to David Ladd's nitros9 ROM
> > booter?  It's another "floppy-less" way of booting Nitros9, and a
> > touch more traditional that my approach,   I think his work is
> > somewhere in the Nitros Repo….
>
> Errrr… David Ladd is a fine guy but the NitrOS-9 ROM Booter was my
> creation, not his.  I sold this through Cloud-9 for some years before
> giving it to the community in the form of open source (as I did with
> SuperDriver).
>
> Let’s be careful about wrongly assigning credit. I know it wasn’t
> intentional on your part, and I’m not trying to toot my horn, but I firmly
> believe that work must be properly credited.

​Boisy, I am sorry if this has happened.  I knew there was stuff for
putting the entire NitrOS-9 into ROM, but didn't know you had source for
just putting the NitrOS-9 boot track into ROM.

When I was trying to get my code working it wouldn't work and saw dwdos.asm
in the ToolShed project that downloads the boot track off of the DriveWire
server.  I saw that the "fill $FF,9*256" and lbra at the start is what I
was doing wrong.

So I used your dwdos.asm as a example of how to get a ROM working itself.

As far as credit I will not in any way say I was the first to think of it
or do it.  I for sure don't want any hard feelings out there.  I in no way
intended to be put out there as the first person to come up with it.

The biggest thing I just wanted to get worked on is a way to boot off of
the CF card in the SuperIDE without the need for HDBDOS and have the boot
module actually be able to do deblocking as well so it would be possible to
have both those options combined so you could turn on the CoCo and have it
start booting.

So that is my statement to all is I AM NOT THE FIRST or CLAIMING I AM.

Boisy, also just to let you know the deblocking IDE boot module has been
working great thus far the last few months on my CoCo3.  After building the
NitrOS-9 repo.  The boot module should be boot_dide (boot deblocking ide).
​