[Coco] My Windows Readme

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Apr 12 08:45:27 EDT 2015

Boisy... AMEN!!!

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Boisy Pitre <coco at toughmac.com>
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Sun, Apr 12, 2015 8:29 am
Subject: Re: [Coco] My Windows Readme

Stephen,

Through the fog of your cryptic writing style, I can make out that
you’re unhappy with the current state of shelffuls. The time and energy that
you’re putting into complaining about it could be used to actually modifying the
source code to fix the deficiencies that you claim it has. If anyone had the
original source, it would have been provided by now, so what we have in the
repository.

Also, it’s NitrOS-9, not “NotrOS-9”, even though I suspect you’re
spelling it this way intentionally in order to denigrate it. It represents years
of my work and time, and has gotten even better with Tormod’s contributions;
please show some respect for that effort.

Stephen H. Fischer <SFischer1 at Mindspring.com> wrote:

> "Datamod" is part of
ShellPlus 2.1 for OS-9 Level-II.

> It is in the documentation once in the
document I started to improve.

> http://home.mindspring.com/~sfischer666/
>

> ftp://www.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/APPS/DataMod.lzh and a smaller file with
almost the same name are on RTSI.

> I used it two or three decades ago. RTSI
may have a ShellPlus documentation file that is different from what I
remembered.

> Problem, you cannot pass variables to it.
>
> If "Datamod" is
included with NotrOS-9 I do not know. Many files for ShellPlus are missing from
NotrOS-9.

> "cmdgen" may be a new name or something written by others.

SHF

<pruittk at roadrunner.com>
<coco at maltedmedia.com>
> Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2015 7:52 PM
> Subject: Re:
[Coco] My Windows Readme

"Bill Pierce via Coco"
2015 12:19 AM
>> Subject: Re: [Coco] My Windows Readme
>>

>>> There is
also a program called "cmdgen". It creates a cmd from your entry
>>> and then
just run the program anytime you want that sequence. The
>>> resulting program
can be run from scripts or cmd line.
>>> It should be on RTSI but if not, let me
know and I'll throw it in dropbox
>>> and put up a link
>>>

>>> Bill
Pierce
>>> "Today is a good day... I woke up" - Ritchie Havens
>>>

>> Hi
Bill,

>> Would you mind putting the cmdgen file online?  I've been looking
for it and
>> can't find it in any of the file archives.
>>
>> Thanks in
advance.

Coco mailing
list