[Coco] RGB2VGA Converter Build Update, Issues Found, Wordpak2+ Build Resumes

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 8 00:11:06 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kip Koon" <computerdoc at sc.rr.com>
To: "'Coco Email List'" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 9:58 PM
Subject: [Coco] RGB2VGA Converter Build Update, Issues Found,Wordpak2+ Build
Resumes

> Hi RGB2VGA Lovers,
>
> I have finished building the RGB2VGA Converter PCBs today as they were
> originally designed.  What does this mean you ask?  No 3rd Bit Blue Color
> Component Modifications have been installed yet.  I thought I'd take this
> opportunity to ask all of you who have a confirmed order who would like me
> to test their RGB2VGA Converter PCB out before I ship it to them.  If so,
> need you to either send me the funds to order the Altera DE-0 Nano
> including
> shipping from Terasic.com so I can order it for you or have the supplier
> drop ship it to me so I can program the on-board FPGA  for you, mate the
> two
> PCBs together and test the unit in actual operation.  If I remember
> correctly, I know at least one person wants a plug 'n' play style setup -
> no
> mess, no fuss.  That is fine, I just need to know.  Unless anyone has a
> better source, I recommend using Terasic.com to order the Altera DE-0 Nano
> FPGA Development Platform.  I'll need a power supply for each Altera DE-0
> Nano ordered.

<snip>

Kip,

A couple of weeks ago I think it was, I posted a message about Terasic and
the DE0-Nano being on backorder until mid-April.  The official date is April
17, 2015.  We're pretty close to that date now.  Hoorah.

Here's the direct link to the DE0-Nano page:

http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=139&No=593

With shipping it is kind of pricey, but I've looked all over and I agree
with you that Terasic does have the best overall deal.