[Coco] RGB2VGA Converter Build Update, Issues Found, Wordpak2+ Build Resumes

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Wed Apr 8 00:58:21 EDT 2015

Hi RGB2VGA Lovers,

I have finished building the RGB2VGA Converter PCBs today as they were
originally designed.  What does this mean you ask?  No 3rd Bit Blue Color
Component Modifications have been installed yet.  I thought I'd take this
opportunity to ask all of you who have a confirmed order who would like me
to test their RGB2VGA Converter PCB out before I ship it to them.  If so, I
need you to either send me the funds to order the Altera DE-0 Nano including
shipping from Terasic.com so I can order it for you or have the supplier
drop ship it to me so I can program the on-board FPGA  for you, mate the two
PCBs together and test the unit in actual operation.  If I remember
correctly, I know at least one person wants a plug 'n' play style setup - no
mess, no fuss.  That is fine, I just need to know.  Unless anyone has a
better source, I recommend using Terasic.com to order the Altera DE-0 Nano
FPGA Development Platform.  I'll need a power supply for each Altera DE-0
Nano ordered.

I do have one problem that has cropped up.  I thought I had 11 confirmed
paid orders with on unconfirmed order, but I actually have 12 paid orders
and 11 completed PCBs for the RGB2VGA Converter Orders.  I know this is a
lot to ask, but I need one individual to volunteer to wait for the next
order.  I only need two more people to make this happen minimum.  I know a
few more people have expressed interest in the RGB2VGA Converter so I hope
it won't take very long to get this new order together.  I was wanting to
wait a bit longer before going ahead with another order, but with this new
dilemma I need to go ahead and move forward with this order now.  If it is
just a few orders, the price will be the same, but if there is 20 more
orders, then I can get a lower cost for the PCB from OSHPark.

As some of you have also ordered Wordpak2+ PCBs, I am resuming that build
tonight.  I want to see how far I get.  I do have a ways to go yet on the
Wordpak2+ PCBs at this point.  I do not have game cartridges for these
Wordpak2+ PCBs.  If anyone has extra game paks they are willing to sell me,
or they can 3D print some game paks for me, I would really appreciate you
letting me know as soon as possible.  If you want to 3D print some, please
get with me first as I need an opening for the VGA connector.  Thank you all
in advance for helping me.

This has been an illuminating experience for me with several lessons learned
(I hope. :P) which I will want to utilize and take advantage of in my next
round of PCBs. Thank you all for your interest, patience and trust in me and
in this project and for being willing to help a fellow CoCoNut get to this
year's CoCoFEST.  I really do appreciate it very much.  Take care my
friends.  Starfleet Out!  Qaplah!  End Transmission!

Kip Koon

 <mailto:computerdoc at sc.rr.com> computerdoc at sc.rr.com

 <http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>