[Coco] Open Letter to those who will be attending the The 24th Annual "Last Chicago CoCoFEST April 25-26, 2015

Fri Apr 3 21:47:23 EDT 2015

Hi,

Br. Jeremy who AFAIK is in England across the pond received Kevin Darlings CoCo 3 system with the never released by Tandy new version of OS-9 Level-II.

He sold this new version and I was one of the persons who purchased it.

The computer's hard drive contained the source code for the never released by Tandy new version of OS-9 Level-II.

I also believe that the source code for other parts of OS-9 are on this hard drive including the original shell and shellplus source code and lots more. Maybe ALL of OS-9's source code is on that hard drive as Kevin was the leader of the project that was an official Tandy one.

I was on Delphi and patches to OS-9 were uploaded, utilities and so on. But usually not the source.

I have no proof but IMHO CI$ had the source uploaded for most of this work. Kevin was on CI$.

We all would benefit if Kevin Darlings system could be located and obtained for the community. A bounty like the one collected for Jeff Vavasour to write the CoCo 3 emulator I am sure Br. Jeremy would welcome in exchange for Kevin's Computer.

I should have written this letter years ago just like I should have communicated with Little John for a copy of the ~ 120 GB that he offered. (The CoCoFest was soon to start and I decided to wait after it had occurred. Sadly it was too late in his short life.) The offer was in one of the Glenside's newsletters.

There is one other person that may have sources that we would welcome, but he and I disagreed and I am not the person to approach him. He is the owner of one of our important websites but has not posted for years now. You all know that I am not the best person to try and do these tasks.

Hopefully others will attempt these tasks.

Stephen H. Fischer