[Coco] Zap 0.0.4 Beta has been uploaded to my drop box

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Thu Apr 2 01:08:59 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher R. Hawks"
To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2015 5:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Zap 0.0.4 Beta has been uploaded to my drop box

<snip>

> Since the CM17A relies on the two inputs for power, is it
> possible that the problem housecodes rely on one or the other input more
> than the other working codes? And a capacitor on that line is not as
> good as the other? If you had access to a 'scope you could check the
> power bus for dropouts. You could also compare the patterns...
>

> Christopher R. Hawks
> HAWKSoft
> --

I've tried it on two different, and rather new, CM17A modules with the exact
same results.  So if it is a capacitance issue I guess it would be in the
RS232 pak controlling either the DTR or RTS signal.  Thanks for that, It
gives me a place to examine.

As for patterns, yeah there is bias toward DTR in some commands and a bias
toward RTS in others.  But between each bit sent, power is sent to both the
DTR and RTS which is the CM17A's wait or standby setting.  So this tends to
negate any overall trends in the patterns as far as I can tell. That is if
we're talking about one capacitor being used more than another.

But you may mean something entirely different when you talk about patterns.
All I know about oscilloscope patterns is what they used to show in the
opening of The Outer Limits.  Oh, and of course if you're reanimating
corpses you need to have one on a nearby table-top next to the Tesla coil.