[Coco] OS/9 Command to gain keyboard control from script

Wed Apr 1 23:38:43 EDT 2015

The first 8 windows were with all with the same foreground and background and different borders. The Foreground and Background colors were chosen to be the most easily read.

So to start a new window I just typed something like: (Memory is poor after two decades so this may not be exactly correct)

shell i=/1 >/w &

And a new 80 column text window was opened ready for text editing or what ever. When I was done just an "ex" closed the window. After Windows.s was written I used it instead.

Part of my VCC NitrOS-9 survival kit is the following script.
* w.s 12/04/29 Start two new readable windows
*
*
*
windows.s var.0=12
windows.s var.0=12
* convert current window color
*
*
windows.s var.0=2
Typing w.s opens two new windows and fixes the color on the original one.
I can edit it for more windows but three seems to be a good number. Easy to edit to add or subtract lines.

What gets interesting are the windows after the first eight. They are configured for multiple windows on the same screen.

80 x 12 top and bottom,

40 x 24 left and right, and 80 x 12 on the top with two 40 x 12 on the bottom.

I might have it set up for 40 x 12 left and right and top and bottom. Four at the same time.

I have the asm source code and thought about changing NitrOS-9 (I just typed NotOS-9). Not doable by me.

> Do you want me to send you the source code for shellsub and shellhex?
Are they ShellPlus subroutines like getnw? If yes but I am doing ROTROD now and the ShellPlus documentation project is on hold.

SHF