[Coco] [Color Computer] color computer 2 and fd-501 floppy drive

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 23 14:59:55 EDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: cwils96 at yahoo.com [ColorComputer]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 7:46 PM
To: ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Coco] [Color Computer] color computer 2 and fd-501 floppy drive

I picked up a color computer 2 and fd-501 floppy drive at a garage sale .
when i try to use the floppy drive  i keeps giving me IO error. I have
cleaned everything with no luck.  The drive  spins for a minute then the
error comes up .

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Maybe you could give us a few more details.  Have you confirmed that the
drive cable is not reversed?  If reversed the drive should be running as
soon as you power it on, and continue to spin.  If not reversed, the drive
will probably spin for a few seconds then turn off.  Are you trying to read
a disk that you know works fine in a good drive?  Do you get the error after
reading a disk or writing a disk?  I've seen disk drives that write OK but
can't read other disks.  This may mean your drive is out of calibration.  If
you can't read or write disks, then I'd suspect the drive head is damaged or
dirty.

--- Steve ---