[Coco] MESSUI 0.154 with Becker port

Guillaume Major gmajor at videotron.ca
Sun Sep 21 19:07:09 EDT 2014

Hi Robert,

I don't know if it's a bug or by design, but now when you mount a cartridge
in MESS, the floppy drives are disabled and won't come back until you
reenable them. To reenable the floppy drives, press Scroll Lock to enter the
partial keyboard emultation mode, then TAB to show up the configuration
menu. Select Slot Devices, change the "ext" value for "fdcv11" and choose
Reset.

I successfully booted into Nitros-9 on VCC configured with a 6309 CPU, using
the Coco 3 6309 Becker port version of Nitros-9. I have no idea what might
be wrong on your side.

Also, since the introduction of the "Slot Devices" functionality, all banked
cartridges like Robocop, Predator and Mind Roll don't work anymore. I tried
selecting the "banked_16K" option in the Slot Devices menu to no avail. Same
problem with the Orchestra 90-CC. Support for this cart seems to be
currently broken. When I select "orch90" in the Slot Devices menu and mount
the Orchestra 90-CC cartridge, MESS stops responding and crashes. If I leave
the Slot Devices setting to "pak", there is no sound output.

Is anybody else experiencing the same problems with MESS?

Guillaume

message de news:5410585E.3080405 at att.net...