[Coco] other use for fpga rgb converter

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 07:22:56 EDT 2014

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:

> It can be used as a monochrome monitor:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXNcDfETNFw
>
> But no way I can get colors from composite video. Is far to way too complex
> and requires the PLL to be locked to the color burst, what is not possible
> only in FPGA.

I. Want. One.

I've been struggling to find such an adapter for Apple //e and yours is
the best job I've ever seen at displaying 80-column text on a VGA monitor.

Do you have a 2gs?  I'd love to see how well the Coco3 RGB adapter does
with it.

In all seriousness, when do you expect to be at a point where you will
either produce some of these or release the design?

Your work is fast approaching the "Holy Grail" for folks like me with too
many Olde Computers and a collection of aging CRT monitors that they'd
love to be rid of.

Steve