[Coco] vcc and WIDTH command when using HDB-DOS

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 27 16:43:55 EDT 2014

On 28/10/2014 6:35 AM, Tormod Volden wrote:
> Now for Vcc, it is closed-source software, so is quite funny that Nick
> uses this thread to bad-mouth open-source software. Vcc is a prime
> example of the problems with closed-source software.
>
> Tormod

Hey! Woa there cowboy!

"bad-mouth"?

A bit of over interpretation there! I love open source... if done correctly.

I know of several disaster stories about open source!

There is always a good and bad side to everything. Just because I said
something negative about it doesn't mean there are no positives. As
Aaron has pointed out (and I mentioned in the part you ignored)
distribution is a primary problem with open source (well, any software
really).

Bring on open source but the distribution needs to managed properly.

Nick