[Coco] Printing from DW

jmlaw at iprimus.com.au jmlaw at iprimus.com.au
Mon Oct 27 02:49:21 EDT 2014

Nick wrote:

>Impressive work Jason but all I wanted was a way to do a basic text
>print from my CoCo3.

>Because I do all my coding on standard CoCo hardware and software, the
>ability to print a listing makes it a bit easier for debugging code that
>goes beyond the screen depth.

>Opening the file via DSK and printing from there is fine. Just thought
>there may have been a way via drivewire to eliminate VCC.

>No problem. Thanks anyway.

Ah right, yeah. I hadn't even considered you may need to LList as I don't
code in asm or bas on the CoCo. Makes more sense now :)

Just a couple of suggestions that may help:

You can press F8 in Vcc to remove the throttle so it will print to the
bit-banger file in seconds rather than minutes.

Or you could save the program as say SAVE"LIST.TXT",A then just open the
disk image you would usually load in Vcc in winimgtool (MESS disk image
program) then extract LIST.TXT somewhere and open it straight up in notepad.

While it takes a fair bit longer to save with the ASCII ,A option, it would
be fewer steps, i.e. skip opening Vcc, inserting the disk, loading the file,
creating a bit-banger file then waiting for it to print, closing Vcc then
find the file to open in notepad etc. Though you may need the Cr+LF option
in Vcc to view it properly, not sure.

I've not used the DW4 VP yet so sorry can't be any help there.

Jason