[Coco] Printing from DW

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Oct 25 21:55:59 EDT 2014

Nick, DW4 just prints to a file in your drivewire4 installation folder in "cocoprints". It doesn't actually print to a printer. You have to print the file from your host PC. There are ways to write "scripts" to make it reroute the file to your printer, more easily done in Linux than Windows.

I found a neat use for this feature... it allows me to transfer files from the Coco to the PC. Since it "prints" a "raw" text file with no filtering... doing a "list program >/p" from OS9 will actually list the complete file to the PC''s cocoprints folder. All I have to do is change the name back to the original and the complete file is intact, even the CRC :-)
Now... if Aaron could give us a way to set the folder and name the print feature would use... from the Coco... (I know it can be done in the DW4 config), then it would make Coco to PC file transfer possible:-)

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com