[Coco] Printing from DW

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Oct 25 21:35:53 EDT 2014

Firstly... I've tried looking at the drivewire settings and the WIKI but
cannot see/understand how I'm suppose to print via drivewire.

I have a standard CoCo3 connected to my PC drivewire server. Everything
is working fine as far as file transfering goes.

Printing is set to TEXT but where does the printout go?

Where do I tell drivewire what my printer serial rate is?

My idea of how printing is meant to work is that I merely print from the
CoCo and drivewire intercepts the serial data and writes a text file or
creates an image to a location of my choosing.

Ideally, it would be nice if it translated the printer data into
whatever printer is attached to the PC and it print directly. Nice and
user friendly.

Am I viewing the world in rose colored glasses?

Tell me if  I'm being stupid and acting like a C64 user.

Nick