[Coco] OS9 and Mouse question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Oct 25 19:04:09 EDT 2014

On Saturday 25 October 2014 13:28:56 Bill Pierce via Coco did opine
And Gene did reply:
> In OS9 L2, does anyone know how to stop the 2nd mouse/joystick button
> from changing the window so it can then be used for something actually
> useful? I don't know why MW even set it up this way. It makes the 2nd
> button useless.

Bill, are you actually using the MW released code, or recent nitros9 code?

There was, in defs/l51.defs, many years ago, an off by one error which I
fixed.

That may in turn have fiddled with the way old multivue (gshell) works
with a legit coco 2 button mouse.  I need to get a recent multivue running
on my machine and test that, but I am NOT using a shack mouse & driver,
mine is a 3 button logitek (the usual clean occasionally ball type)
interfaced via a piggy backed set of serial chips in a Deluxe 232 pack, so
it talks to its driver over what could also be used as /t3, and I did have
all 3 buttons doing useful things 15+ years ago.  AFAIK, only my icnedit
actually used all 3 buttons though.

I'll be glad to dig around if I know exactly what I'm digging for.

> Bill Pierce
> "Today is a good day... I woke up" - Ritchie Havens

> Co-Webmaster of The TRS-80 Color Computer Archive
> http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)