[Coco] nitros9 daily clean build script for Gene

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 15:30:00 EDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 1:46 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 October 2014 16:37:09 Tormod Volden did opine
> And Gene did reply:
>> I suggested this so many times, but here it is on a silver plate, so
>> you have no escape :) Untested, so please tell if there is something
>> wrong, or if there is any reason you cannot use this.
>>
>> Tormod
>>

>> #!/bin/sh
>> # NitrOS-9 daily clean build script
>> # expects an existing repo in a "nitros9" directory
>> set -e
>> cd nitros9
>> if ! hg incoming; then
>>     echo "No new changes to pull"
>>     exit 1
>> fi
>> hg pull
>> hg update
>> cd ..
>> BUILD_DIR=nitros9-$(date +%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M)
>> hg clone nitros9 $BUILD_DIR
>> cd $BUILD_DIR
> export NITROS9DIR `pwd` ?? or something similar

No, the NITROS9DIR is not needed when building from the top directory
(recommended). As is explained in the build instructions.

The NITROS9DIR variable is a recipe for disaster once you have a
number of different nitros9 directories...

>> make dsk dskcopy
>> cd ..
>>
>> #only for Gene:
>> chown -R gene:www-data $BUILD_DIR
>
> Tried the make in level3, got thru coco3 to bootfiles, either somebody
> renamed a file & didn't tell the makefile, or theres a missing / in the
> coco3/bootfiles/makefile.  I'll look tomorrow as I need to get the trash
> out yet tonight.

Great. I don't remember why I gave up on "coco3" after getting
"coco3_6309" to build.

Tormod