[Coco] I am back to not being able to format a floppy, help plz

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Oct 22 10:30:33 EDT 2014

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> If you have a nitros9 l2 system that can format a floppy without locking
> up, I need to see the smap, vfy -x format, and ident -m rb1773 outputs.

Gene,

I just downloaded from SourceForge the latest 3.3.0 6809L2 and 6309L2 80d disks
for test purposes. I have no problems formatting floppies using MESS with the
default values for /D1.
That being said nothing matches the info you supplied.

6809
rb1773 size $5A9 crc $A4EB50
smap has 96 free pages and 24 free Kb
MESS was set for 128K RAM

6309
rb1773 size $59D crc $FBAA3C
smap has 98 free pages and 24 free Kb
MESS was set for 128K RAM

You have not said what you are using, a real Coco or emulator. The most recent
MESS will not format floppies.

PS "You can call me anything you like except late for dinner." However the last
name is Gault not Gould. :)

Robert