[Coco] Which Coco Emulator for Raspberry Pi?

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Mon Oct 20 20:54:58 EDT 2014

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:17:57 +1000
Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chris
>
> By "locks up" I mean that there is NO keyboard response. I need to
> power down to get control back.
>
> I tried also to start from the command line (No Desktop), but there
> all I get is a black screen and no keyboard response.
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

Bob:

	Dunno what to say or suggest. The one I compiled 2 days ago
from the current source
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/xprtyrercs03ins/sdlmess0125.tgz) works on
both my Pis (256meg and 512meg) under X or the console.

	I uploaded a binary (Raspberry Pi) to my dropbox account with
my mess.ini and the output of 'ldd mess'. Maybe we can spot a
difference. I don't recall for sure, but, I think mess looks in the
current dir for mess.ini and failing that looks in $HOME.mess. Might
make a difference if you have something in the current dir.

	I'm assuming that your keyboard isn't anything special.
When 'locked up' can you <CTRL><FN2> to get to another console??

> On 19/10/2014 10:38 PM, Christopher R. Hawks wrote:
> > On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:13:19 +1000
> > Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> SDLMess0125 compiles correctly, but as yet doesn't run properly. It
> >> gets to the system selection panel, and locks up.
> > 	I'm not sure what you mean by 'locks up'. Up and Down Arrows
> > select the game, Enter to start the game. Window closes and another
> > opens with the 'description' screen. Press Enter (or OK the first
> > time) and the emulator starts.
> >
> > 	I have a CoCo3 icon on the desktop that starts mess with the
> > command 'mess -coco3'.
> >
> >> I wonder if there is just not enough memory to run it from the
> >> desktop? Chris can you comment on this?
> > 	Works fine on both my Pis. (every club meeting for over a
> > year) free reports 108 mB free running it from the desktop on my old
> > (256meg) Pi.
> >
> >> Sigh, I'll investigate further.
> >>
> >> Regards, Bob Devries
> >> Dalby, QLD, Australia
> >

> > Christopher R. Hawks
> > HAWKSoft

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to
do and not doing it."					-- John W.