[Coco] CoCo 2/3 and MPI Locking plate

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 16:45:27 EDT 2014

On 10/16/2014 4:42 PM, Nick Marentes wrote:
> On 17/10/2014 6:23 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> No, plain old 1/8" masonite would be just fine as its 5% of the cost
>> of the teflon. If you want it white, I can't think of a single reason
>> why a small can of white paint couldn't be added to ones B.O.M. to
>> make it.
>
> What about clear perspex?
>
> The important thing for an MPI locking plate to be effective is that
> the material is thick enough for the feet of the CoCo and MPI to sit
> firmly into the holes. The material needs to be thick enough so that
> the devices can't pop out of these holes easily but not too thick so
> that the CoCo and MPI are elevated off the table.
>
> Measure the thickness of the feet and find a material as close to this
> and ensure the holes drilled to fit the feet are a snug fit. If not,
> this will defeat the purpose of the locking plate.
>
> Nick

Maybe just as unpopular with Gene as the teflon (which I still prefer,
regardless of cost) - wasn't there a product sold that required removal
of the CoCO and MPI feet and used screws to hold the CoCo and MPI in
place? Maybe it's just fuzzy memory...

I like Tim's design that has clearances for the vents.

Brian