[Coco] CoCo 2/3 and MPI Locking plate

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Oct 16 16:42:26 EDT 2014

On 17/10/2014 6:23 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> No, plain old 1/8" masonite would be just fine as its 5% of the cost
> of the teflon. If you want it white, I can't think of a single reason
> why a small can of white paint couldn't be added to ones B.O.M. to
> make it.

What about clear perspex?

The important thing for an MPI locking plate to be effective is that the
material is thick enough for the feet of the CoCo and MPI to sit firmly
into the holes. The material needs to be thick enough so that the
devices can't pop out of these holes easily but not too thick so that
the CoCo and MPI are elevated off the table.

Measure the thickness of the feet and find a material as close to this
and ensure the holes drilled to fit the feet are a snug fit. If not,
this will defeat the purpose of the locking plate.

Nick