[Coco] Games that use The SSC

Richard Goedeken Richard at fascinationsoftware.com
Sun Oct 12 10:39:11 EDT 2014

True it's repetitive, but it's also context aware!  When you get a treasure,
it plays happy music for a few loops before returning to the default melody.
And again when you get hurt and go back to the last checkpoint, it plays sad
music for a few loops.  A couple of months ago I got on a kick and beat this
game on the Coco, C64, and Colecovision.

I should make a Coco expansion card with the 6581 SID chip; I have to say that
Commodore did it right here.  Even better (since SID chips are expensive now)
would be to use a modern uC which can emulate the SID and also do digital
sampled sounds.

Richard