[Coco] Including an SSC

jmlaw at iprimus.com.au jmlaw at iprimus.com.au
Sat Oct 11 00:25:46 EDT 2014

I previously wrote:

>I was just thinking my previous post about how the SSC works may be
>over-simplified, based on the assumption many know of it?s capabilities
>already. There?s 3 Tone channels and a noise generator that can be used in
>place of any of the tone channels. Plus envelope control...

Just to not cause more confusion as it may have, this refers to the AY sound
chip section of the SSC. Separate from the Speech stuff.

I don't know enough about the hardware of the SDC to know what would be
involved, so no pressure at all by mentioning adding features.

More just put it out there, maybe late Tuesday afternoon, 3 weeks from now
Darren may have a light bulb moment :)

But was also wondering, perhaps AY emulation is something that could be done
without any hardware modifications, i.e. in the firmware??? Again I don't
know enough, but if it were possible it could be added anytime without
holding anyone up, even for previous customers.

Just a thought,

Jason