[Coco] Including an SSC

jmlaw at iprimus.com.au jmlaw at iprimus.com.au
Fri Oct 10 21:32:28 EDT 2014

Al Hartman wrote:

>As has been explained, making any changes to the board will require drawing
>up a new board, prototyping and testing it. Delaying OUR CocoSDCs for a
>month or more.

>(snip)

There is an alternative, if Darren decided to pursue some form of PSG
support then those who didn't want it or wish to wait for it could order the
'as is' model. And those who are prepared to wait could. Of course it would
depend on numbers, whether it would be worthwhile doing two batches, maybe
it would be majority rules, I dunno ;) Maybe someone who already owns one
will sell you theirs and be happy to wait for the new model?? Could be
win-win.

But some may be annoyed to buy the product only to find out later there's a
slight enhancement of which they would have been more than happy to wait
for.

I too am working on a game and mine uses the SSC in direct mode. While I've
considered alternatives for those who don't own an SSC or prefer to use
emulators, for those who don't own a SSC or can't find one to buy, (not to
mention the hassle of having to upgrade it to run at 1.78 MHz, I really
don't want to tear up my pristine label but will have to) it would be a
great addition IMHO.

There are those who would like it and those who have no interest use for it
whatsoever.

I guess it's up to Darren.

Just adding to the list of supporters for added sound capability. If we
don't speak up, we may never get it :)

Jason