[Coco] Including an SSC (was: CocoSDC)

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Oct 10 19:52:50 EDT 2014

> On 11/10/2014 7:40 AM, Al Hartman wrote:
>> It's my vote that the CocoSDC not be changed to add any extraneous
>> functionality.
>>
>> If I need an SSC, I'll buy one on eBay.
>>
>> -[ Al ]-

Just to refocus the discussion ...

This is about adding *Expansion Potential* to the CoCoSDC.

Sound is just one of the many examples but it's about EXPANSION.

This is not a redesign or the adding of any extra circuitry to the
CoCoSDC. It's about adding a simple expansion header *if* it is at all
possible with very little distruption to the existing design. A case of
bringing out some of the CoCo Bus signals to a connector to allow people
the possible future provision to design/connect additional hardware in a
tidy, professional and self contained add-on for those who don't have,
don't like or have no room for a multipak interface.

The sound, RS-232, USB, ethernet, zero gravity or time displacement
options could be added later.

Nick

Nick