[Coco] CocoSDC

nickma2 at optusnet.com.au nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Oct 9 22:46:03 EDT 2014

There are also several programs which access disk using their own
routines. These are programs that generally won't work with Drivewire
or any other type of SD storage device (Superdrive?)

Because CoCoSDC looks to the CoCo like a standard disk controller, any
software written for the CoCo to access disk works as normal. CoCoSD
emulates the floppy hardware interface and the CoCo thinks it's
writing to a floppy when it's actually writing to a PC FAT formatted
SD card. This card is then readable directly on a PC using a common
USB SD card reader.

I can transfer the content of a mounted DSK between the CoCo and a PC
using drivewire which is also built in to CoCoSDC.

And the added RS-DOS commands (especially with Darren's latest update)
makes it easy navigating the SD card structure and mounting DSK's.

I love my CoCoSDC! Best CoCo investment I have made!

Nick