[Coco] SD Card reader/writer or USB

nickma2 at optusnet.com.au nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Oct 9 00:49:07 EDT 2014

The old floppy disk is a piece of deteriorating technology that needs
to bu updated on all vintage systems.

It's not so much the drives themselves deteriorating but rather, the
media itself. Over 60% of my original floppy disks are unreadable and
dump magnetic material all over the drive read heads.

Finding floppy media is getting harder and even those I do find, can
sometimes be deteriorated even if one manages to find an unsealed
"new" box. I had quite a few of these sealed boxes I kept for the
future. Tried using them and they were full of errors.

Goodbye floppy disk!

Hello SD!

Drivewire is also a groundbreaking product although a shift from
Serial to USB may be needed one day since serial is no longer found on
computers.

I wonder, with the required voltage conversions, is it possible to
make the bitbanger serial port act like a USB port?

May open the door for other USB devices as well such as USB drives and
mice.

Nick