[Coco] Snakes for OS-9

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 17:12:01 EDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene Heskett
Sent: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 2:24 PM
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Subject: Re: [Coco] Snakes for OS-9

On Tuesday 07 October 2014 11:47:06 tim lindner did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Is there a "Snakes" implementation for OS-9?
>
> By "Snakes", I mean a program that will detect it's own window size
> and draw character or graphic snakes running around in the window.

I've seen it Tim, but I don't believe its called Snakes.  I have find
looking for it, but I was never one to copy all the games to my HD, so if
it exists here, its on one of a grocery bag of carts, or on a similar
sized container of floppies.  If I even have it. I am not convinced it was
os9 though. It does not exist in my about a year old copy of nitros9
either.

Cheers, Gene Heskett

Probably not what you are looking for, Tim, but I wrote a game called
Snake-In-The-Grass, which was published by T&D.  It is a BASIC program and
runs under RSDOS.  I copied it after a very early IBM-PC game called
"Hoser".  It's fairly fast, and has about 20 or so screens of increasing
complexity that you need to guide your snake through while eating three
randomly placed mice on each screen.

Was the program you wanted a game or a screen saver?

--- Steve ---