[Coco] Thread mess?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Oct 7 08:03:35 EDT 2014

On Tuesday 07 October 2014 05:44:16 Mark McDougall did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it just me, or is everyone else's threads in this list a jumble of
> mismatched posts - or not threaded at all? It has been impossible to
> follow a thread for the last week or two?!?
>
> Only seems to be an issue on this mailing list (and I'm subscribed to a
> few dozen).
>
> Regards,

In most email agents, the threaded by selection is folder specific, or at
least it is with a very old kmail 1.13.5 on this Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS linux
install.  Its a quite common feature, but you may have to enable it with a
mouse click or 3.  I just switch mine from straight date sort to subject
line sort which would thread all posts with the same subject line with the
newest on the bottom of each subject listing.  Because my corpus of coco
messages goes back nearly 13 years, that resort took around 2 minutes to
complete on this old slow quad core phenom & 8 gigs of ram machine.  Going
back to a date sort only took about 15 seconds though.

No data on windows stuff though, I don't allow it and its total lack of
security on the property. :)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)