[Coco] any source of 2x20 edge connector for the coco 2 or 3 ?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Oct 7 03:48:31 EDT 2014

On Monday 06 October 2014 21:48:04 Kandur did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Chad,
> naturally I tried the easy way first, used two 40-pin sockets
> crimped onto a ribbon cable. One of these was plugged
> into the Coco's card slot via your board, the other to an FDC
> cartridge. Unfortunately, all of the even pins became odds
> and the odd pins even. (1>2, 2>1 ... 39>40, 40>39 etc.)
> That's why I had to solder the cable to the board such a way
> to get the Coco's card slot pin-1 connected to the FDC's pin-1.
>
> Kandur

These connectors all have an arrow point molded into one end of the body,
and all of these on a cable must face the same end of the cable, and be
crimped on the same side of the cable.

> Sunday, October 5, 2014, 6:21:45 PM, you wrote:
> > Kandur, I noticed the soldering you did from the ribbon cable end to
> > the card edge :/
> >
> > A revision to this could take the card edge to a row of holes that
> > would allow you to strip the very end of the cable, push it in, and
> > solder cleanly.   Or perhaps a location designed to house a 40-pin
> > socket that you could just plug the cable into?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)