[Coco] The next coco3.....wish list

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Sun Oct 5 16:51:26 EDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 05, 2014 at 12:58:42PM +1100, Mark McDougall wrote:
<snip>

> IMHO what is really holding the 'Coco3FPGA' back is a lack of a
> cycle-accurate 6809/6309 core. If one ever surfaced, then it
> (Coco3FPGA/DE1) would tick a lot of boxes for a lot of people. But
> it's a tall ask; CPU cores - especially something like the 6809 -
> aren't exactly trivial.

The problems I've had running games on the coco3fpga were related to the issue with
cycle accuracy of the cpu core. Other then that I think it's the best coco3 emulator available.
Unlike things like mess and vcc it feels more like a real coco. I can't explain why but so far those that
I've talked to that have one agree.

The Other Frank