[Coco] video composite on korean coco 26-3134A

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Oct 4 09:15:53 EDT 2014

On Saturday 04 October 2014 01:59:30 didier derny did opine
And Gene did reply:
> I tried, I was not expecting a correct image, but at least something
> like a synchro
> But nothing, just snow...
>
> The tv see a "VCR" but no signal
>
> Any idea if the modulator or the coco uses the 60hz ?
> The power supply is 110v but 50Hz
>
> That's why I have a serious doubt about this machine...
>
> --
> didier
[snip]

The power supply transistor has an alu U channel heat sink sticking off
the left edge of the motherboard.  It ought to be almost your fingers hot.
It runs hot enough to eventually reduce the heat transfer greae to
worthless, and its possible the transistor has now failed.  If its cold,
see how warm the transformer in the cage is.  There is a fuse inside the
cage on most and I have seen it blow from heat fatigue.  It doesn't look
blown, but its cracked in two in that event.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)