[Coco] Sick of beige cartridge for the Glennside IDE card

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sat Nov 29 22:47:23 EST 2014

Hi Tim!
Put me in for three.  Thanks.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Coco [mailto:coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com] On Behalf Of tim lindner
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:42 PM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: [Coco] Sick of beige cartridge for the Glennside IDE card

So all this time I though people use their Glennside IDE card inside a MPI. I though it was silly having such a big heavy cart sticking out an MPI. But apparently people use the thing connected directly to the coco. Who knew? :)

Anyway, I am considering designing and making available "SOB" cases for the Glennside card.

But first I would need engineering drawings of it.

I see from pictures on the web, there are no holes in the PCB for mounting a SOB style case. Would you all be willing to drill holes in your own boards?

I imaging the hardware necessary would be inner plastic stand-offs to separate the plastic plates. Plus long metal stand-offs to support the card under the two additional cartridge connectors, plus two more at the very end.

I am confident all the materials could be sold for $25, plus shipping.

Let me know if you're interested.

tim lindner