[Coco] Trouble writing to CoCo floppies from PC

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Nov 26 20:49:16 EST 2014

So I have now managed to read all my CoCo floppies on PC, and I'm now trying
to write some CoCo floppies.  This is proving harder.

I used DSKINI.EXE from the COCO2EMU suite.  It went through the motions and
seemed to work, but the resulting disks produce I/O errors on the CoCo.

I had to set the BIOS to 720k instead of 360k for reading.  I also did this
for writing, because at the 360k setting, it would appear to work fine for
the first few tracks, and then generate a write error starting at track 16
on any diskette I used.  (At the 720k setting, it appeared to write OK.)

Is there a CoCo program that could, say, read a DSK image from audio and
write it (slooooowly, I guess) to disk?  I don't have a CoCo serial cable,
so I'm just wondering how I could get these wonderful CoCo programs that
I've downloaded to the CoCo.