[Coco] The Ultimate MShell Video

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Nov 26 11:15:37 EST 2014

On Wednesday 26 November 2014 06:45:34 Bill Pierce via Coco did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Gene, I doubt very seriously that it would run from your terminal :-)
> It's based on the same GUI as Ultimuse3 (highly modified) and runs in a
> 640x192 type 5 window. I may eventually do a HW text version, but that
> would reduce screen real estate since I use a 80x28 line font in the
> graphics version. I would also have to adapt a 'text mouse" where the
> moust pointer is a "text cursor". Other than losing 4 lines of text
> and the nice "borders", it would pretty much be the same program. I
> would also lose the "check box" style menus used in several of the
> menus and would have to adapt another way to do that.
>

> Bill Pierce
> "Today is a good day... I woke up" - Ritchie Havens

I wouldn't expect it to, but I haven't a clue yet just how well the screen
i/o is contained in a separate module.  And of course minicom doesn't
relay mouse actions, so the chances of making something graphical work are
VERY slim.  I may be the only one on the list who is actually doing that
for all I know.

I need to do some playing with tmode .1 & the "rpt" repeat character and
see if I could get that to work when I tap the up arrow.  That would help
a lot.

> Co-Webmaster of The TRS-80 Color Computer Archive
> http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)