[Coco] Off-Topic, but advice

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 09:13:46 EST 2014

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014, tonym wrote:

> I had a delay in paying Tim for the CoCoSDC cases, and for good
> reason...

> If you folks have NOT put extra security on your bank and credit card
> accounts, DO SO!
>
> Someone was able to call into my bank, give my name, address, and
> social, and change the address on the account, and order new checks and
> ATM/debit cards.
>
> *** now, WTF bank would actually DO that without alarm bells going off,
> is beyond me ***

Don't even get me started about alarm bells and banks.  About 25 years ago
a dishonest bookkeeper was able to steal almost $100k from a small
business I owned at the time.  There were dozens of warning signs visible
to the bank (this came out during depositions), but they brought none of
them to our attention.  Banks want all the glory and profit while taking
none of the responsibility.