[Coco] 1 or 2 meg upgrade

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Nov 22 00:31:58 EST 2014

William, having 1 or 2 meg on the Coco 3 is one of those things that you never knew you needed, till you have it for a while.... and then have to do without it. LOL
I occassionally run Vcc in 512k to test my projects to see if they run well in that environment (since I program in 2meg).
Sometimes I forget to set the memory back, and I crank up Vcc, open a couple or three of text editors (graphics based), start compiling my project, then run MShell.... "ERROR #207".
With 2-3 text editors using about 98k each, a 96k ramdisk, and the C compiler running (the C compiler and editors both kick in Gene's "MyRam") ... MShell won't run.
It usually take me a second or two to realize what I've done :-)
I don't think I would like working with less than at least 1-meg anymore, I've gotten used to it being there.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com