[Coco] Burke & Burke Hard Disk controller

tonym tonym at compusource.net
Fri Nov 21 13:30:00 EST 2014

Over the years, I have found the Mitsubishi MR535 42MB MFM drives to be the most reliable, hence my stash of about a dozen or so.

They quite frequently show up on eBay, and I have NEVER gotten one that does not work, even when sold as "untested, sold as-s."

This relates to both my CP/M machines (Kaypro 10s, Altos 5 and 580 series) as well as the CoCo with the B&B interfaces.

But, that's just my two cents - my Seacrates I think have all given up the ghost, for the most part.
Only a handful of ST251-1's (-1 is the 42ms version) have actually survived and still work somewhat, along with a couple of ST4096s, but those are physically huge, FH 5.25" monsters.

Tony