[Coco] The Ultimate MShell Video

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Nov 21 02:16:45 EST 2014

> you have a seriously powerful program here.  I have never been able to xfer
> files from PC to Coco better. WinImg was ok for XP users, but your skill works
> way better.

> Bill Nobel

Gee Bill... you're making me blush.....
To be honest, the credit here goes to DriveWire4. It's all there and anyone can do it, it just takes a little fudging here and there to turn it into an interface.
BTW... the RSDOS utils do not use dw4. They will work (as far as I know) on stock OS9 as will MShell. All that would be lost on stock OS9 would be the PC file stuff, and the updater which all use dw4.
And FWIW, I think it wouldn't be hard to modify the existing dw4 & becker drivers to work on stock os9. To do this, you would also need a modded clock for dw4/becker, and a modded boot. They would have to be done in the style of the originals with the dw4/becker mods.
Then not only NitrOS9 but stock OS9 could use dw4/becker

Ok.... here's the real credits to MShell's code:
All GUI, graphics, menus, pointers, mouse routines, virtual memory, and fragged subs - Mike Knudsen and Ultimuse3 (Mike's Umuse3 sources, which I inherited, are the base templet for the GUI)
PC file manager and internet updater -  Aaron Wolfe and DriveWire4 (Aaron answered endless dw4 questions and gave endless advice)
RSDOS file manager - Robert Gault and HRSDOS (Robert offered me his HRSDOS code for MShell)
Automatic drive enumeration - Some code in one of the later Rainbows for writing an "MSir" in C, which I adapted to recognize all rbf devices and store them in arrays.
Os9 file manger - that one's all mine :-)
File Stats and various file features, ATTR, reading the file descriptor - Bob Devries and a zip of his file utility sources.
The concept, style, and putting all the code together to make it work as a unit was your's truely, Bill Pierce.
All together, 3 years of gathering all the parts together and making them work, not to mention all the advice and help I've had from Robert Gault, Aaron Wolfe, Willard Goosey, Bob Devries
And most of all... a lot of imagination.

I think it's not bad for my 3rd ever C program... and I just started learning C in late 2011 :-)
I didn't even know what a "typedef struct{" was LOL
Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com