[Coco] DWTCPDevice cannot be cast to DWSerialDevice

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Nov 17 13:07:32 EST 2014

On Monday 17 November 2014 12:46:24 Aaron Wolfe did opine
And Gene did reply:
> The /n devices don't need iniz.  These act like /t devices (serial
> ports) in most ways.  They open in command mode, much like a /t serial
> port with a modem attached. In fact you can send standard Hayes AT
> commands to them in addition to the various other options.
>
> The /z devices are a bit different as they are intended as OS9 style
> windows.  They need to act like the /w devices which do use the iniz
> step. This sends some initial parameters like what screen mode to use
> iirc.  This initialization sequence is used by DW to detect that you
> want a window and set it up.  If the device doesn't get this sequence,
> it will be confused.

Ok, coco rebooted, server log cleared.
iniz /z1, prompt come back quickly, no response from the server according
to the log

shell i=/z1 &
&003

Now no log from the server.  And no window. Remounted the dsk in drive
/x0, logged that ok.

Now, this was logged when I last started dw: but hasn't been updated
since:

Warning: NineServer port already in use.  Is another DW4UI running?
console.error: privacybadgerfirefox:
  Policy document request to https://u.openx.net/.well-known/dnt-
policy.txt returned with status 404
console.error: privacybadgerfirefox:
  Policy document request to https://ads.rubiconproject.com/.well-
known/dnt-policy.txt returned with status 404

I just disabled the privacy badger in the firefox extensions.  And
rechecked for a new version, but nothing more was logged on that consoles
screen.

what is this NineServer?  Usually I get that when the lock file is still
there and the coco can't see it, and have to kill it all, nuke the
lockfile & then restart it.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)