[Coco] YouTube video of the recent MShell Beta

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Nov 16 17:43:34 EST 2014

Ok, Thanks for the video... looks good :-)
But.... You missed the one menu that completely changes what MShell does.
Try clicking the drive/directory names at the top or hit "," and "." (period or comma). You get a whole new ballgame. This is where MShell gets complex as it leads to the RSDOS & PC file system menus (it's all in the included text file)
Also, using VCC 1.4.2, you can't use drivewire and so you can't display the PC file reads, which (for the moment) are not working on a Linux dw4 server anyway. Only in Windows, unless Brett Gorden can testify differently :-)
Try it with VCC 1.4.3b w/becker port & drivewire4. Dirvewire4 works on Linux

And Gene, MShell will already scroll the panels... to well over 1000 files!!!
This is the reason I included the search. My CMDS dir on my developement VHD has over 525 files in it. Try finding a file in that thing just scrolling through. The search utility will show all possibilities, and when you make a choice, it will relocate the cursor to that file. If you want the attributes of a file, just click it twice and select "File Stats" and all the info that a "dir -e" would normally show will display (for that file) in the status bar at the bottom.

As for the mouse, he is using the VCC emulator under wine and Linux, so that is actually a Linux mouse :-)
The mouse on a real Coco with MShell acts just like normal... a little jittery, but better with a hires interface. The mouse position translator does take a little of the jitter out in translating the original OS9 resolution to the screen requirements.

I will try once again tonight to do a video and show the real meat and potatoes of MShell
Manny. did an excellent job with his video, but not yet knowing the menus and capabilities (he just tried it 1st time today), he missed the real stuff.
I will try to do one with ALL the stuff it can do.

BTW... anyone know of a good FREE screen video recorder for Windows?

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com