[Coco] CM-8 Monitor question

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Nov 16 11:33:59 EST 2014

Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

> I have a CM-8 with a really sharp, clear picture with no "waves", lines or "sparklies", but it has one little thing that bugs me.
> The top right hand corner of the screen, starting from about half up, slowly angles slightly inward about 3/16ths of an inch at the top.
> The other 3 corners are perfect. Other than that, I couldn't ask for a better picture, though I often wonder "for how much longer?", as this monitor was bought the first year they came out.
>

> Is there any adjustment that can correct the dip in the picture?
>

> Thanks
>

> Bill Pierce

Gene would be an authority on this. There are no adjustments on the back of the
monitor that can correct this, although it might look better if you increased
the width of the image maybe also the height. There may be pots accessible on
the back of the set for that.

This problem is cause by dying circuitry and incorrectly adjusted coils on the
neck of the picture tube. There may be some magnets that can be repositioned and
the coil itself may be moveable on the neck of the tube.
Since these adjustments would need to be made with the set powered up, it would
be much safer to live with the distortion rather than getting electrocuted. :)

Robert