[Coco] MShell The Ultimate OS9 File Manager

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Nov 16 04:29:57 EST 2014

On 16/11/2014 5:53 PM, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> Nick,
> MShell does not require CoWin and will run without fonts, pointers or patterns. It will run fine with CoGrf.
> The only modules "required" in your boot are "pipe", pipeman", & "piper". MShell will NOT run without these files.
> If you want the DW4 capabilities, then "scdwv", "/N", at least 2 of the "/Nx"s, "scdwp", & "/p" are all required for DW4 use and are "standard" in the repo distribution disks.
> All files from the CMDS & SYS dirs on the disk must be copied to you default drive in directories of the same names.

MShell is mounted as /d1 and NitrOS-9 and /SD0

I then...

CHD /d1/cmds
dsave /sd0/cmds

It appears to copy to the right directory but the files do not actually
appear there. What am I doing wrong?

> I doubt it will "run from the disk".... it was not meant to.

That's why I asked if a custom boot disk be created with MShell to
distribute as a self booting demo disk.

> Also, this is just a demo beta test and therefore it's not finished. I haven't had the time to add an installlation program yet but plan to.
> In other words, MShell should run from an unmodified "standard" disk downloaded from the NitrOS9 repo or pre configured 512k (required) os9 system as long as it has either CoWin or CoGrf and the pipes. (as the repo setups do)

Right now, I'd be happy to have *anything* run.

Nick