[Coco] MShell The Ultimate OS9 File Manager

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Nov 16 02:53:56 EST 2014

Nick,
MShell does not require CoWin and will run without fonts, pointers or patterns. It will run fine with CoGrf.
The only modules "required" in your boot are "pipe", pipeman", & "piper". MShell will NOT run without these files.
If you want the DW4 capabilities, then "scdwv", "/N", at least 2 of the "/Nx"s, "scdwp", & "/p" are all required for DW4 use and are "standard" in the repo distribution disks.
All files from the CMDS & SYS dirs on the disk must be copied to you default drive in directories of the same names.
I doubt it will "run from the disk".... it was not meant to.
Also, this is just a demo beta test and therefore it's not finished. I haven't had the time to add an installlation program yet but plan to.
In other words, MShell should run from an unmodified "standard" disk downloaded from the NitrOS9 repo or pre configured 512k (required) os9 system as long as it has either CoWin or CoGrf and the pipes. (as the repo setups do)

MShell does have a few problems (I've found some since the demo was uploaded), but it IS a beta test and is unfinished. I just wanted others to see the power of what could be done when stretching OS9 to the limits and prove it could be done.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com