[Coco] OS-9 is not for me

Jason Law jmlaw at iprimus.com.au
Mon Nov 10 01:57:18 EST 2014

Hey Nick,

I won’t quote because even just chatting about it seems to be keeping it
going or raising further questions or open to further misinterpretations. I
didn't intend to 'keep it going' as such, just the topic came up and wanted
to clarify a tad.

I think if things can be interpreted multiple ways, some people will feel
the need to address the more negative in case others too read it in that
light. Understandable in some regards. I’m yet to master writing to avoid
that 100% myself.  Nor are we responsible per se for how someone CHOSES to
respond. That's not related to my original message which was understandably
open for misinterpretation, it had to be non-specific in the context :) Just
in general, so all good.

Bill Pierce seems to have it down pat, reading his stuff I relate as a
similar personality but I haven’t mastered the art of writing for
misinterpretation, does my head in sometimes :)

Ah and (being non-specific on purpose) it was strictly just a hypothetical,
based on the general topic as different people have differing views about
it, or the motivation behind it. If you decided to add anything about it,
add Socks. He's not into that 'stuff' either, from the 3 maybe 4 times I've
had a conversation with him he seems like a really decent guy. But yeah,
just good karma. So like I said, happy to take your word for it. You've
credited many people in the past so there was no insinuation between the
lines or anything. But I also understand the 'what others may interpret'
response.

Personally I enjoying seeing what others do with their creativity, if they
can do something I can't, I get inspired. Some get a bit funny about it, we
have no control over that and ultimately that's for them to find a more
positive view of. I do it solely for fun and if people start praising me I
tend to talk it down, so yeah, I'm not like 'that' either :)

Really looking forward to seeing your game. I like the 'clean' style of your
games like Rupert Rhythm (had to check the spelling on that one too hehe)
and Space Intruders. Looks great so far...

I'm undecided how to move forward with mine. To put so much work into it,
all my own, then to add SMB code kinda seems like tainting it. I've been
inspired to have a go at drawing my own tile sprites from looking at many
games and have added a real-time update sprite editor to the level editor
which should help with that as I'm not overly artistic. I have two original
game ideas I'm toying with, but a few more technique ideas I want to try
first before deciding. Having a blast though :)

Have fun,

Jason